We do the vast majority of repairs to your home however as a tenant there are things that you are expected to do.
Tenant responsibilities include although not limited to:
– Keep your home clean and well-decorated and your garden tidy. We maintain communal gardens – not individual gardens.
– Repair anything you have fitted yourself and change light bulbs etc.
– Clear minor blockages to drains and sinks and carry out minor refixing such as tightening loose handles, hinges,etc.
– Take all reasonable precautions to prevent water pipes being damaged by frost during severe weather.
– Repair any damage created by you or your household.
– Keys – please note that we do not generally replace locks when keys have been lost – you must make your own arrangements to do this. To prevent unnecessary costs to yourself, it may be advisable to keep a spare key with friends or family.
Step 1: Call us to report your repair on 0300 5000 600.
Step 2: We will ask you a few questions to find out what’s wrong.
Step 3: A Repairs Technician will visit you if we can’t help out over the phone.
Step 4: We will ask you when you would like to be visited and find out if a Repairs Technician is free.
Step 5: Make sure you’re in for your appointment! We may have to cancel your order if we miss you or at worst recharge you. You will need to rebook a repair appointment with us if we are unable to carry out your repair when we first visit.
We may find out that you are responsible for carrying out the repair you need. If this is the case, we will provide advice tailored to your household.
We may advise you to:
– Ask a family member, neighbour of friend if they can assist you.
– Contact a charitable repairs provider, such as Care & Repair or Mears Home Improvements.
The tenancy agreement sets out the respective responsibilities for landlord and tenant in relation to the maintenance of the property. Connect may recharge you for any repairs that it has to carry out, which fall within the scope of the tenant’s responsibilities. Download our Tenant Recharge Policy.