Skip to main content

If you or someone living in your home are struggling due to a long-term illness, disability or mobility issues we may be able to help. We run a free service that can make minor changes in your home to help you live more independently.

Examples of typical minor adaptations are:

  • Grab rails to help you get in and out of the bath, shower or front door.
  • Lever taps if you are struggling to turn your current taps.
  • A shower seat if you are unable to stand for long periods.
  • A key safe so carers can let themselves in if you are struggling to get to the door.
  • An extra handrail on your staircase.
  • A step or small ramp to make it easier for you to get in and out of your home.

For more information on the service, call us on 0300 5000 600 and choose option 2 for repairs.

You can also email or fill out the form on this page.

We aim to complete any minor adaptations within 28 days of your request.

Who to contact if we can’t make the adaptation

If you need a more significant adaptation such as a stairlift, a level access shower or wet room, your local council may be able to help through the Disabled Facilities Grant scheme.

The council will refer you to an Occupational Therapist (your GP can usually request a referral to the Occupational Therapy Team also) who will review your situation and submit a request to the council for any adaptations if they feel you are eligible.

You can also try these contact details of your local authority if you want to apply for an assessment for a major adaptation:

Copyright © Connect Housing

Connect Housing Association Limited is a charitable association registered in England and Wales under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (Company No. IP17445R) and with the Regulator of Social Housing (No. L2285).

Privacy statement | Disclaimer | Terms and conditions