Skip to main content

Some of our homes are for people who are looking for extra support as well as somewhere safe and welcoming to live.

There are lots of different reasons why people might need housing with support. It might be they are rebuilding their lives after experiencing domestic abuse, recovering from mental illness or seeking help from addiction.

Or it might be someone who has been homeless, had to move out from their family home, or be a young person leaving care.

Whatever the circumstances, we can provide a safe and welcoming place to stay, with specialist support to meet individual needs.

Women’s refuge, North Kirklees

We offer self-contained apartments for women and children who need somewhere to go after leaving a violent or abusive household. Security and safety are especially important in these homes.

Our specialist staff provide the support needed to help people to rebuild their lives and develop skills to live safely and independently.

This service is commissioned by Kirklees District Council and delivered by Connect. It welcomes women and their children from across West Yorkshire, and beyond.

If you are experiencing abuse or violence in your home, please ask for help from one of the many agencies across West Yorkshire, or call us on 0300 5000 600.

Young people’s supported housing

If you are under 25 and need extra support to find and manage a home, we may be able to help you.

Our services in Huddersfield and Heckmondwike are designed for young people who need help with housing. This could be because they have been homeless, are leaving care or have experienced a family breakdown and risk becoming homeless.

Our 24-hour team will work with young people to create individual support plans, designed specifically to address their particular needs. As part of the support, which is commissioned by Kirklees District Council,  residents are also helped to build life skills.

This could include things like managing household budgets and basic cookery, accessing education and training opportunities, improving mental health and wellbeing, rebuilding family relationships and creating safety in personal relationships.

For information on how to apply, contact us.


Move-on homes

Across Kirklees, we have a number of flats and houses which provide homes for people who need extra support as they move on from hostels or homelessness.

We provide visiting, telephone and online support to help people to manage their homes and lives.

We aim to reduce the support we offer as people become more independent.

If you are presently in a hostel, refuge or other supported housing scheme contact us or ask your support worker to pass your details on.

Copyright © Connect Housing

Connect Housing Association Limited is a charitable association registered in England and Wales under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (Company No. IP17445R) and with the Regulator of Social Housing (No. L2285).

Privacy statement | Disclaimer | Terms and conditions