Every year we support people to swap properties by matching the suitability of the property & the needs of the household.
A transfer is a way of moving home by Connect prioritising re-lets to existing tenants.
In order to be approved for consideration for a transfer you must:
– Have a clear rent account i.e. no rent arrears,
– Have been a tenant for at least 12 months,
– Not have a record of anti-social behaviour,
– Not have any legal action against your tenancy,
– Keep your home and garden in good repair, clean and in good decorative order. A member of staff will inspect your home to make sure this is the case, &
– For us to consider you for a transfer there must be a clear need and reason to do so.
A mutual exchange is a way of moving home by finding another tenant who will swap homes with you. You move in to their home & they move in to yours.
You are able to exchange with – another one of our tenants, a tenant of another housing association or a tenant of a local authority.
You are able to search for someone to exchange with by registering with houseexchange.org.uk. House Exchange is a national scheme which automatically matches tenants balancing the suitability of the properties & the needs / requirements of the tenants.