About usWe believe in a sustainable and just society, where good homes, neighbourhoods and opportunities help people enjoy happy, healthy lives
Welcome to Connect Housing
We are a housing association, providing homes and support across West Yorkshire. As a community benefit society we are here to serve the interests of our local communities.
We have a strong purpose to tackle inequality and create opportunities for fulfilled, healthy lives. This starts with a good home in a neighbourly community.
We provide 3,400 homes across West Yorkshire for lots of different types of households. This includes homes for families, supported housing for older people, student homes, shared ownership homes and homes for affordable and market rent. But our work goes beyond providing homes for people.
We also offer a wide range of support services including assistance for families, young people, older people, people with disabilities, people with mental health issues, people experiencing domestic violence, and homeless people. And we run Thrive, a community venue in Dewsbury.
We are led by our board and executive team, who bring together a wealth of different experiences and skills. We work together knowing that, by listening and learning, we can make a difference in the lives of people in West Yorkshire.
Our values our important to us
Our values set out the way we approach our work and help people understand exactly what Connect stands for.
- We're proactive in helping and supporting others, and give our time and attention readily
- We challenge disrespect and discrimination
- We go the extra mile for customers, colleagues and stakeholders
- We're friendly, courteous and compassionate
- We treat people with dignity and respect at all times
- We make people feel valued
- We're determined and resilient
- We have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- We go out of my way to get things done and to achieve a positive outcome
- We're proactive and creative in solving problems
- We approach everything with energy and enthusiasm
- We're diligent and care about the work we do
- We take time to listen to people
- We seek advice and request feedback
- We stay up-to-date with best practice
- We seek opportunities to enhance my skills and ways of working
- We learn new things willingly and with enthusiasm
- We take care when executing my responsibilities and don’t jump to conclusions
- We include others and seek opportunities to make new connections
- We adapt my approach according to the individual, situation and context
- We share information and communicate freely and clearly
- We recognise and value other people’s actions and perspectives
- We set fair and realistic expectations
- We're open to new ideas
- We're reliable and always do what I say I’m going to do
- We use thoughtful and respectful language
- We're professional and act with integrity
- We're open and honest
- We respect confidentiality
- We have the courage and confidence to speak up and challenge others