Skip to main content

Help with your money worries

Are you worried about having enough money to pay your bills or rent? Our specialist advisors can help find the right solution for you, but you need to get in touch right away.

Along with expert advice from our Money Matters team, we have links to the many different agencies which might be able to help you.

All our support is free for Connect residents. It is confidential and tailored to meet your individual needs.

Find out if you are entitled to benefits

To find out if you are entitled to benefits, tax credits or Universal Credit, visit

Complete the free, online benefits calculator to receive an estimate of your entitlement.

Help with benefits claims

Our team understands the benefits system and what you need to do to make a claim.

We will work with you to explore what you might be entitled to and help you gather the information you need to make a claim.

We can do this over the telephone or visit you in your home – whatever works best for you.

If you live in a Connect home and need help, get in touch by emailing or call 0300 5000 600.

Claiming Universal Credit

If you live in a Connect home and are entitled to Universal Credit, we can help you understand what you need to do.

Universal Credit is a single payment, introduced by the government, to replace Housing Benefit, Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.

It is for people who are not working or are on a low income. Watch this short video from the Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) which explains how to register for Universal Credit.

Find out more about how we help you address your money worries

Read about how our Money Matters team helped one woman overcome money worries after the loss of her husband.

If you have any worries about money and would like to talk about the options available to you, please email or call 0300 5000 600.

Copyright © Connect Housing

Connect Housing Association Limited is a charitable association registered in England and Wales under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (Company No. IP17445R) and with the Regulator of Social Housing (No. L2285).

Privacy statement | Disclaimer | Terms and conditions