Lockdown 3 – Update
On 5th January 2021, the UK Government announced a new National lockdown that impacts on all of us. We know this is difficult for many of you but with the roll out of the COVID vaccines, the end is in sight.
- If you require support or information in your area, visit your Local Council website.
- For help and support with domestic abuse visit www.connecthousing.org.uk/whiteribbon.
- If you are struggling with your mental health and want help, call The Samaritans on 116 123 or text SHOUT to 85258.
- For food bank support contact Trussell Trust on 0808 2082138 or visit www.trusselltrust.org.
Connect has worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep our customers and employees safe and will continue to do so. We work to Covid secure procedures which have been successful in avoiding transmission of the virus to date.
The new lockdown will further impact on how we operate, but we will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum;
- The latest Government guidelines allow for work to be carried out in people’s homes, and we need to keep carrying out repair work to avoid large backlogs building up, for the benefit of everyone – we will prioritise emergency and urgent work which causes genuine inconvenience to residents. Non-urgent and routine work may be deferred indefinitely
- If your repair request, or enquiry can wait until the lockdown eases, please consider whether you need to contact us just now.
- Please keep paying your rent – if you’re having difficulties, get in touch with us. Our Money Matters team may be able to help
- If you are a customer of one of our supported housing services we will let you know of any changes that will directly affect you. If you live in one of our supported housing projects please discuss any concerns you may have with the on site staff team.
If you are due a visit from Connect for any reason, and have tested positive for COVID, are displaying any symptoms or are self-isolating for any reason, you must inform us immediately. You can also contact us is if you are self isolating and would prefer not to receive visits.
The ongoing crisis is causing a lot of worry and concern for many of us. Please keep yourself and others safe through this pandemic by following the Government guidelines (www.gov.uk/covid) and please contact your Community Housing Officer, Support Worker, or call us on 0300 5000 600 if you need support.