Throughout the pandemic we’ve modified our ways of working to help keep residents and colleagues safe.
Although restrictions are easing and the vaccination programme is reducing hospitalisations, Covid-19 numbers are still high. We are doing our best to continue to deliver all our usual services, while also having measures in place to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
- We are continuing to carry out repairs and essential safety inspections in residents’ homes, prioritising emergency work.
- Most of our neighbourhood and support services are being delivered in person now, but we will still deliver them remotely if necessary.
- Work in our sheltered and supported housing schemes continues, although some of our usual events and support activities may not be provided, or may be delivered differently.
- Our offices remain closed to the public. If you need to contact us, please call 0300 5000 600 or email email@example.com.
When a home visit or face-to-face contact with a member of our team is required, we will take the following steps to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission:
- Maintain social distancing where possible.
- Wear a face covering and other appropriate PPE if necessary.
- When completing a repair, we will wipe down and sanitise all surfaces touched in a resident’s home.
- We’ll make contact before a visit to check if any members of your household are suffering symptoms of Covid-19.
We also ask you to take the following precautions for home visits or face-to-face contact with members of our team.
- Let us know if you or a member of your household tests positive for Covid-19, or develops symptoms before we’re due to visit.
- During the visit we encourage you to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing at all times.
- For home visits, ventilate the room and leave internal doors open where possible.
- If possible, please stay in a different room while any repairs/safety inspection work is taking place.
Covid Secure risk assessments and policies are in place for all our service areas. If you would like to a copy of our risk assessments, or have any queries about the measures we are taking to protect customers and colleagues from Covid-19, please call us on 0300 5000 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the news section of the website for further information and details of help and advice available to customers. We will provide updates on this page and through our social media sites if service delivery changes.
Please continue keep yourself and others safe and follow the latest Government guidelines (www.gov.uk/covid). If you do need support, please contact your Community Housing Officer, Support Worker, or call us on 0300 5000 600.