At Connect we are keeping all of our tenants, customers and service users up to date on the impact of Coronavirus at Connect through our regular community blog but we also want to make sure that information is easy to find.
Here we have summarised the changes in service that are currently in place due to the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak in the UK.
- Customer Service: We are open for business during office hours to take calls and email however we ask you to be patient if it takes a little longer to get through to us. You can contact us via the Contact Form on this website is easier.
Our offices are closed to the public and all enquiries but be made online or through the telephone.
- Repairs: At present we are only attending EMERGENCY AND URGENT REPAIRS. We are observing the Government guidelines on social distancing and other repairs will be completed as soon as we are able to. We are taking additional steps to protect tenants and employees where we do have to visit a property. Report a Repair online
- Lettings: Our lettings process is severally disrupted at present. We are dealing with enquiries on a case by case basis.
- Rent Payments: Rent should still be paid as normal through this period. If you are experiencing financial difficulty due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please contact us. You can read more about the support we can provide HERE
- Estate Management: We are still inspecting our estates but you may find a reduced service over this period including gardening and cleaning services. You should contact us for urgent or critical issues.
- Compliance: Your safety is important to us and we are continuing to service and inspect where possible. This include Annual Gas Safety Inspection and Fire Alarm tests. We are taking additional steps to protect tenants and employees where we, or our contractors do have to visit a property.
- ASB: You should continue to report issues of Anti-Social Behaviour as normal. We may be limited in how we can respond at present, however ASB cases will continue to be tracked and monitored.
- Working in our communities: We are changing how we work to provide more support online and through social media platforms where we cannot get out to visit our communities as frequently as we would like.
The Coronavirus outbreak is causing a great deal of anxiety and concern for many reasons including health of loved ones and financial pressure.
Our aim is to keep supporting you and our employees but the increasingly stringent measures being adopted nationwide are making this more challenging and so we ask you to please be patient with us as we adapt to offering our services more remotely and as we will also have staff affected.
To ensure we are offering support where we can, we are introducing new processes;
- Support for Vulnerable Customers: We want to support our customers who feel isolated during this crisis and who may not have the support of family or friends around them. We have staff phoning and emailing customers directly to make sure that they have the help they need . If you need support, please do not wait for us to contact you. Please call us on 0300 5000 600.
Our website will always be updated with the latest information.