The Welfare Reform Act became law on 8 March 2012. It has started the biggest transformation of the benefit system since the 1950’s.
Some of the main changes arising from the Act relate to:
- Under-occupation in the Social rented sector.
- The Benefit Cap
- Replacement of Disability Living Allowance by Personal Independence Payment.
- The Introduction of Universal Credit
For more information about the changes click to www.gov.uk.
What do I do if I need help?
Our Money Matters Service can help you:
- Understand how the benefit changes will affect you
- Set up a bank account
- Get online
- Look at your budget and access debt advice
- Look at ways to lower your energy bills and pay off fuel debts
- Develop your CV and find work
If you need help you can call us on 0300 5000 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.