Accessibility | Welcome to Connect Housing | Skip Navigation | Site Map | Search Results | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us Home | Renting a home | Buying a home | My Account | How do I ...? | Repairs - General Information | Community | About Us | Links | Jobs & Careers Home |
Standard font size iconMedium font size iconLarge font size icon 
 Wednesday, 19 June 2019

You are here:

Home / Support / Report a concern about Safeguarding

Report a concern about Safeguarding

Staff - -Support

At Connect we are committed to Safeguarding children and adults from abuse and neglect. Our staff are trained to look out for signs and respond accordingly.

There are many types of abuse such as physical, sexual, financial and psychological (for example, threats of harm, verbal abuse and controlling behaviour). Neglect is where a person’s basic needs – whether it be adequate food, clothing or hygiene are not being met.

No one should have to live with abuse. By reporting abuse, you can help bring an end to it. We all have a responsibility to safeguard others from abuse or neglect.

We have dedicated safeguarding specialists who advise and support our staff and promote a safeguarding culture.

If you or someone you know may be suffering from abuse or neglect and you are concerned their wellbeing, please report it by using any of the channels below.

What should I do if I suspect a person is being abused or neglected?

  • If you think the person is in immediate danger and at risk of harm, call the Police on 999 straight away
  • You can also make a report to the Police in a non emergency situation. Contact the hotline on 101
  • You can talk to a member of Connect’s staff as soon as possible to let them know what you are concerned about

If you would like to report or find out more, you can contact Connect staff on:

If you report that abuse is happening to you, we will:

  • Listen to you
  • Take your concerns seriously
  • Respond sensitively and take into account your wishes
  • Let you know how we can help

We work closely with Local Authority Safeguarding Teams to protect adults and children at risk, we have a duty to share information with them when someone is at risk of harm.

On your Local Authority websites you will be able to find lots of additional information and details of how to report a concern directly to the Local Authority.     


Click here for more information about safeguarding adults in Kirklees.

Click here for more information about safeguarding children in Kirklees.


Click here for more information about safeguarding adults in Leeds.

Click here for more information about safeguarding children in Leeds.


Click here for more information on safeguarding adults in Calderdale

Click here for more information on safeguarding children in Calderdale.

Doing nothing is not an option. If you have any doubts about sharing or reporting your concerns, don’t think “what if I’m wrong?” – think “what if I’m right?”

Copyright © Connect Housing 2019 Privacy statement  | Terms and Conditions
Connect Housing Association Limited (“Connect Housing”) is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number IP17445R. We are a non-profit housing and support provider regulated by the Regulator of
Social Housing, registration number L2285. VAT Reg No 664 8458 90.