We hope that this section will tell you all you need to know about yours and our responsibilities for keeping your home and neighbourhood in a neat and tidy condition.
We carry out most repairs to your home but, as a tenant, there are things that you are expected to do such as:
- Keep your home clean and well-decorated and your garden tidy. We maintain communal gardens – not individual gardens.
- Repair anything you have fitted yourself and change light bulbs etc.
- Clear minor blockages to drains and sinks and carry out minor refixing such as tightening loose handles, hinges,etc.
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent water pipes being damaged by frost during severe weather.
- Repair any damage created by you or your household.
The tenancy agreement sets out the respective responsibilities for landlord and tenant in relation to the maintenance of the property. Connect may recharge the tenant for any repairs that it has to carry out, which fall within the scope of the tenant’s responsibilities. Our Tenant Recharge Policy can be downloaded here.
Keys - Please note that we do not generally replace locks when keys have been lost – you must make your own arrangements to do this. To prevent unnecessary costs to yourself, it may be advisable to keep a spare key with friends or family.