Accessibility | Welcome to Connect Housing | Skip Navigation | Site Map | Search Results | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us Home | Renting a home | Buying a home | My Account | How do I ...? | Repairs - General Information | Community | About Us | Links | Jobs & Careers Home |
Standard font size iconMedium font size iconLarge font size icon 
 Wednesday, 19 June 2019
How Do I

You are here:

Home / How Do I / Stay warm and safe this winter / Financial support

Financial support


Winter Fuel Payment: You could get between £100 and £300 tax-free to pay your heating bills if you were born on or before 5 July 1952. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’. You usually get this paid automatically if you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit). If you qualify but don’t get paid automatically, you’ll need to make a claim. Click to find out more about the Winter Fuel Payment.

Cold Weather Payment: A Cold Weather Payment may be available to you if you receive certain benefits. Payments are made when your local temperature is either recorded as, or forecast to be, an average of 0C or below over seven consecutive days. You'll get a payment of £25 for each seven-day period of very cold weather between 1 November 2017 and 31 March 2018. Click here to find out more about the Cold Weather Payment.

Reducing your energy bills: The Energy Saving Trust (EST) has advice on how to reduce bills and make your home more energy efficient. They can also advise on grants and schemes available around the UK. Click here to find out more about energy saving on the EST website.

Our Money Matters team can help you look at your budget, access debt advice, lower your energy bills and pay off fuel debts. You can call the team on 0300 5000 600 or email


Copyright © Connect Housing 2019 Privacy statement  | Terms and Conditions
Connect Housing Association Limited (“Connect Housing”) is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number IP17445R. We are a non-profit housing and support provider regulated by the Regulator of
Social Housing, registration number L2285. VAT Reg No 664 8458 90.