Accessibility | Welcome to Connect Housing | Skip Navigation | Site Map | Search Results | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us Home | Renting a home | Buying a home | My Account | How do I ...? | Repairs - General Information | Community | About Us | Links | Jobs & Careers Home |
Standard font size iconMedium font size iconLarge font size icon 
 Wednesday, 19 June 2019
How Do I

You are here:

Home / How Do I / Get Advice About Debt Problems

Get Advice About Debt Problems



Piggy Bank

Our Money Matters Team may be able to help if:

  • you are in rent arrears or any form of debt
  • you have received a possession notice about your home
  • you have received a baliff's letter or a threatening letter from a credit company
  • you are anxious about any money matters
  • you are not sure if your benefits are correct

Click here to find out more information, or give them a ring on 0300 5000 600 or email on and ask about a referral.

There are many external (non-Connect) companies that can help you with advice.



 StepChangelogo StepChange is a national charity with professional advisors whose help won’t cost you a penny.  And you can also access debt counselling online through the charity’s anonymous advice application Debt Remedy.

National Debtline provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems, letters to send to creditors, fact sheets and budgeting plans. They offer debt advice for people living in different parts of the country. This is because the law concerning debt varies depending on whether you live in England and Wales or Scotland. Visit their website, or call them on 0808 808 4000.

Entitled To Visit Entitled To for the benefit check site for entitlement to benefits and tax credits.


Visit USwitch to find the best electricity and gas supplier for you. You can also call Fuel Savers for advice on energy measures and benefits on 0800 512 012.

Click here for further information on ‘My Home’ Home Contents Insurance

... for easy set up of appropriate cover with weekly payments.








Copyright © Connect Housing 2019 Privacy statement  | Terms and Conditions
Connect Housing Association Limited (“Connect Housing”) is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number IP17445R. We are a non-profit housing and support provider regulated by the Regulator of
Social Housing, registration number L2285. VAT Reg No 664 8458 90.